January 26, 2022 by christian
This winter has been exceptionally underwhelming on the seacoast of New Hampshire and Maine. Hardly any snow and freezing cold temperatures have plagued us for weeks! Combine that with the rising cases of Covid-19 and you have a couple pretty solid reasons to stay home and inside. All this time spent at home can make for some added mess but along with that, also plenty of time to clean! Here are some helpful tips for keeping your house sparkling while you get through this winter.
1. Clean often – This could be picking up toys or miscellaneous items as you walk by them or picking a different room each day to vacuum and dust
2. Clean the ignored areas – Get behind the fridge, there will be more dust and dirt back there that could be contributing to allergies as well as affecting the performance of your fridge.
3. Radiators! – Like the refrrefrigerator, dust can affect the performance of your heating system. If you can spare to have your heat low or off for 20-30 minutes you should have ample time to dust and vacuum the radiators.
4. Curtains, Drapes, and Blinds – Often overlooked when giving the house a clean. Take down your curtains and drapes and either wash them in a machine or get the dust out by giving them a good whack with a tennis racket! Be sure to do this outside so you aren’t redistributing the dust. Not only are you cleaning but it can also be a fun activity for the kids!
5. Clean your kitchen ceiling? – That’s right, clean your ceiling! Ever take a close look at the ceiling, specifically right above your stove? There is likely a nice layer of funky gunk up there that can be cleaned off. Toss a few drops of dish soap into a bucket of warm water and use a sponge to scrub this area to get it back to looking new.
If you are in New Hampshire and Maine, you know how tough these winters can get at times. A clean home can add a bit of brightness and warmth to your day.
If you would like to learn more about Squeaky Clean Cleaners house cleaning services in NH and ME, please give us a call at (603) 506-4694 or check our https://squeakycleancleaners.com/booking-page for more info.